The information presented in this course will help you to improve your communication skills both written and oral, your negotiating skills and conflict resolution abilities alongside co-workers and on the job site every day.
The Communication, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution course has been designed to help improve written, oral and negotiating skills within the construction industry. The course contains interactive elements, case studies, practical examples, a search function, course glossary and reference library.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define a conflict
- Identify the stages of conflict
- Describe the importance of communication
- Apply assertiveness techniques to get a point across
- Deal with difficult people more effectively
- Recognize the criteria for an effective negotiator
- Describe how power can be used/abused in negotiation
- Identify when to close negotiations
This course is intended for supervisors, project managers, etc. who must deal effectively and professionally with employees, sub-trades, owners, clients, engineers and employers.
The course duration is approximately 4 hours.
This course is available online in English and French.
This course has been accredited by the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) for two (2) credits toward Gold Seal Certification. A final mark of 75% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Gold Seal Credits: 2
Length: 4 hours