A message from Yvette Milner, President
Dear valued member,
I would like to personally thank those of you who have transitioned over to the new MCIP benefit plan. We have surpassed the one year anniversary of our MCIP benefit plan and to date we have 150 plus members representing over 3,500 employees. For those of you who are new to the plan, our staff will continue to communicate and help guide you through this process.
Again, the new plan offers Local administration. Local control and the benefit of remaining a part of your local association!
We are the only association in Manitoba that exclusively represents open shop contractors. We have been busy advocating on your behalf on issues at the municipal, provincial, and federal levels that impact our members. Here are some highlights of what our association provides:
- Participation in Merit Canada, Buildforce and other organizations that influence policy at the federal level.
- Representation on the Manitoba Employers Council, Apprenticeship Board, Labour Board and Workers Compensation Board, including the Chair of Apprenticeship Board.
- Annual wage surveys and advice on labour market issues in the construction industry.
- Relationships with local providers of goods and services to provide you with discounts like United Training Academy, Marks Work Wearhouse, Park and Fly, Staples, and Good Life Fitness.
- Tuition Bursary refunds and scholarships to young workers.
- Employer and Employee engagement events such as our very well attended employee awards, golf tournament and Fall open house.
These are exciting times at Merit Manitoba. We always listen to our members and know that a great local benefits plan is a big priority for you. We now have our local benefits administrator on-site. Franceska can be contacted at 204.259.8824 or mcip.ca for benefits issues. Our office staff can also answer questions regarding quotes and program options at (204) 888-6202 and [email protected].
We are here to help.