2018 Employee Awards of Excellence
Our 2018 Employee Awards of Excellence took place Tuesday, April 3rd at the Metropolitan Entertainment Centre. A wonderful evening of networking and celebration was had by all in attendance.
We thank all companies who provided nominations, and congratulate winners:
Shelley Salamandyk – Static Electric Ltd – Outstanding Office Employee
Denis Jeanson – Banff Constructors Ltd – Outstanding Field Employee
Evan Brown – FWS Group of Companies – Outstanding Field Employee
Daniel Jeanson – Cladan Electric Ltd – Outstanding Site Supervisor
Mike Berg – Vector Construction Ltd – Outstanding Site Supervisor
Thank you to the Sponsors who have committed to our 2018 event:
Main Stage Sponsor – Cladan Electric Ltd
Major Sponsor – Vector Construction Ltd
Major Sponsor – FWS Group of Companies
Event Sponsor – Static Electric Ltd
Event Sponsor – M D Steele Construction Ltd
Event Sponsor – Banff Constructors Ltd
Event Sponsor – Western Construction Services Inc
Corporate Sponsor – Prairie Manufacturer Magazine
Outstanding Site Supervisor – Daniel Jeanson
Outstanding Site Supervisor – Mike Berg
Outstanding Site Supervisor Video
Outstanding Field Employee – Evan Brown
Outstanding Field Employee – Denis Jeanson
Outstanding Field Employee Video
Outstanding Office Employee – Shelley Salamandyk
Outstanding Site Supervisor
Tips on Writing Nomination Form
- Make sure the nomination is legible.
- Be as detailed as possible. Don’t skip a question or leave things out.
- Use descriptive language and give specific examples wherever possible.
- Provide more information rather than less. Letters of reference, photos of a job well done, documentation of safety record, promotions, internal recognition all add to the credibility of your nomination.
- The selection of awards winners will be done by independent evaluators. The evaluators do not know anything about your nominee. It’s up to you to make the evaluators understand how special your nominee is, and why they deserve to be chosen for the award.
Preparation is Key
- Before you begin, give some serious thought as to why you want to nominate the individual. Why is he/she deserving of the award? What makes them special?
- Make sure you have all the necessary information. For example, letter of reference, photos, safety record.